Easy Enchilada Bake (a.k.a. Delicious Glop)
(As you may guess from what my kids call this, a lovely presentation isn't always my priority!)
- 1 bag prepared meat (chicken, beef, or pork)
- 1 bag precooked beans
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can enchilada sauce (hot or mild)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas
- Nonstick spray
- Cook the rice according to package directions. (You may want to double the rice and keep some for later in the week.)
- While the rice cooks, thaw meat and beans in the microwave. Spray a 3 quart casserole with nonstick spray.
- Assemble the casserole. Cover the bottom of the dish with tortillas. Spread about ⅓ of the beans, rice, meat, sauce, and cheese. Repeat layers until the pan is full.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees approximately 20 minutes, until cheese on top is bubbly.